Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Calling ALL Christians!

To all the Christians that read this post: No other thing you do will move you towards the heart of God like personal holiness. The following is from Life Action Ministeries:

HOLINESS

We serve a holy God. His desire for our lives is that we be holy and blameless before Him (Ephesians 1:4). We are filled with the Holy Spirit, we read the holy Scriptures, and we are called holy temples. We are commanded to be holy even as God is holy.

Our sin has separated us from a holy God. God will not entrust His glory to an impure heart or an impure church.

Many believers tend to develop a cultural holiness instead of a biblical one; that is, they seek a standard of holiness relative to the world around them rather than comparing themselves to the absolute holiness of the living God. Holiness is not an option for the believer, but a command (1 Peter 1:15-16).

Our cry should be, "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!" (Psalm 139:23-24).

Insight from the Word:

Proverbs 9:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight."

Isaiah 6:3 "And one called to another and said: 'Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!'"

Ephesians 1:4 "Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him."

1 Peter 1:15-16 "As he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy.'"

Life Action Ministries: Revival Review--Keys to Continued Revival

Making It Personal:

Is there any area of my life (values, attitudes, habits, relationships) that is not blameless?

Are there any areas of my lifestyle that I would not feel comfortable having scrutinized by a holy God?

Am I judging my personal holiness by God's standard or those around me?

No comments: