Sunday, February 19, 2012

I'm Back!

Hello Everyone! Sorry! I have been gone for a while now, but I'm back!

Just as an update: I started teaching at Calvary Christian School in Columbus, Georgia and have been really busy with getting back into the swing of teaching...I teach 9th through 11th grades with the 9th graders studying the Old Testament, the 10th graders learning the New Testament and the 11th graders studying Apologetics and Theology...Whew!

In recent days, I have had opportunity to preach in several locations around Columbus and was even asked to consider being the bi-vocational pastor at a church here in the area...word to the wise...if you serve on a Pastor Search committee, deal with only ONE prospective pastor at a time! I was called today and informed that the church had voted in a different guy as pastor...where did he come from? I never knew that there was anyone else being considered...I was told they were voting on me today, so what gives here? This is highly unusual...Most churches would never do something like this, but I guess if you do this long enough, you will see most anything!

On a positive note, we have an opportunity to stop the foreclosure of our home, but I must come up with $2400.00 before Friday, February 24th, 2012...Let me back up...After leaving my former church, we were unable to make our mortgage payments after May 1, 2011 and you can see previous postings for the reasons why, anyway, our original note holder sold our note to a company in California who offered to try and help us by reducing the interest rate...however, it really was not low enough for us because whereas I am now employed, I am under-employed, meaning my salary is much less...so...we received a letter from an attorney in Atlanta representing the note-holder letting us know that we were being foreclosed...We got another letter from another Law Firm in Atlanta who stated that they worked to help people in foreclosure to maintain their homes...so we must pay them their fee ($600.00) and then pay the court costs of stopping the foreclosure ($1700-1800)...

Please pray for us as look for guidance from the Lord on our next move...Thanks!

No comments: